In the 2019-2020 academic year, we awarded $226,000 in scholarships to 88 USC undergraduate and graduate students of exceptional academic merit who demonstrated a commitment to serving the Asian Pacific community. Eleven cultures and fifty majors were represented within this class, and more than half qualified to receive need-based financial aid.
APAA scholarship applications for the 2020-2021 academic year are now being accepted!
Application Deadline: 6:00PM PST, March 6, 2020
- USC Asian Pacific Alumni Association (APAA) scholarship applicants must be full-time students (undergraduate, transfer, graduate or professional) enrolled in a USC degree program for the entire 2020-2021 academic year (fall and spring semesters). Incoming first-year students who have not enrolled at the time of application are not eligible.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum overall grade-point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in their course work (USC medical students who do not receive grade points are exempt).
- Applicants of all ethnic backgrounds are eligible for consideration. Additional positive consideration will be given to Asian Pacific students or students who have shown a commitment to the Asian Pacific community.
- Scholarships are awarded using both merit and need-based criteria.
- Scholarship awards are not guaranteed from one academic year to another; all recipients are required to re-apply on an annual basis.
- Immediate family members (parent, child, spouse or sibling) of current USC Asian Pacific Alumni Association board, staff or scholarship committee members do not qualify.
APAA SCHOLAR EXPECTATIONS
Students who are awarded USC APAA scholarships are expected to:
- Volunteer a minimum of 15 hours for the APAA during the academic year in which they receive their scholarship; these hours are fulfilled by directly participating in programs produced by the APAA.
- Remain in good university standing (conduct and academics).
- Write a letter of gratitude to the donor of their particular scholarship award.
- Attend the Annual Scholar Reception in the fall and the APAA Scholarship & Awards Gala in the spring.
March 6, 2020 @ 6 p.m. – All applications, including all supporting documents, must be received on this date, no later than 6:00 p.m. PST. NO exceptions will be made. Applications and/or supporting documents that are late or incomplete WILL NOT be evaluated.
Mid-April, 2020 – New applicant finalists will be selected for a personal interview (renewal applicants will not need to participate in an interview).
August 1, 2020 – All applicants will be notified via e-mail no later than this date.
August 2020 – Fall award applied to student’s university tuition account (50% of total award).
January 2020 – Spring award applied to student’s university tuition account (50% of total award).
More questions? Click here for our FAQs or call (213) 740-6035.