- Information Collection and Use
- Location Information Collection and Use for the Fight OnLine Mobile Application
- Content Guidelines for Fight OnLine Community and Mobile Application
- Access to Your Information by Other Online Community and Fight OnLine Mobile Application Users
- Registration with the Online Community
- User ID/Password Updates/Reporting Lost or Stolen Passwords
- Lifetime E-mail Forwarding
- Log Files
- Sharing of Information with Third Parties
- Links and Frames
- Surveys & Contests
- Special Offers
- Updates to the Website and Services Available
- Correction/Updating Personal Information
- Notification of Changes
- No Liability for Acts of Third Parties
- Interactions with Other Members
- Limitation of Liability
- In order to demonstrate our sensitivity to your concerns about the Association’s collection and use of information you may submit to us through your use of the Website or Mobile Application, we want to inform you of our information use and collection practices when visiting our Website or using our Mobile Application. Specifically, we will inform you:
- What particular personally identifiable information may be collected from your use of our Website (or Mobile Application);
- That only we and affiliated third parties may collect information you submit when you express an interest in any of their services available through the Website or Mobile Application;
- How the information you submit may be used by us or our affiliated third parties;
- With whom we share the information you submit to us;
- The choices available to you regarding opting out of these information collection, use and sharing practices;
- The security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information submitted to us and under our control;
- How you can correct or update information you have submitted to us during your use of the Website or Mobile Application.
- If you feel that we are not abiding by these Guidelines, please contact our Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive any acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact directly at 213-740-2300 for us to address your concerns.
- We reserve the right to contact visitors to our Website or Mobile Application regarding their status as an alumni, any account status and changes to the Website, these Guidelines or any Terms and Conditions of Use or any other policies or agreements relevant to visitors of the Website or Mobile Application. You may access such documentation through the Legal Notices Page available through the homepage of the Website.
View the full Privacy Notice for the USC Alumni Association and USC Advancement Services for more information.
Information Collection and Use
- We, the Association, are the sole owner of the information submitted to us or collected from visitors of the Website and Mobile Application. We will not sell, share or rent this information to any unaffiliated third party.
- When you perform a search on the Website by use of our search engine, we record no information identifying you or linking you to the search performed. As necessary to provide this service, we do record limited information for every search request and use that information only to solve technical problems with this service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
- Although we may request from those who register with our Online Community certain information about their children for purposes of our “SCion” program, we do not currently accept any information submitted to or posted at the Website from children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to or posted at the Website by children under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or legal guardian. Since the Website and Mobile Application are is directed to alumni of the University of Southern California, we do not allow children under 13 to register at the Website or Mobile Application or to receive direct marketing communications arising from their use of the Website or Mobile Application and, therefore, we do not provide any personally identifiable information from children under 13 to any third party.
- Unless you follow the procedures described in Section 15 (18) below, we reserve the right, directly or indirectly or through one or more affiliated third parties, to use the information you submit to send you information about the Association, the services and products available on or through the Website or Mobile Application and other topics in which you may have expressed an interest.
Location Information Collection and Use for the Fight OnLine Mobile Application
- In order to register with our Online Community and to further personalize your experience when using our Website, you are required to complete the registration form available by clicking on the “Online Community” tab at the Website’s homepage.
- The Fight OnLine Mobile Application collects information about your physical location and shares it with other members who view “nearby” posts.
- Please do not download the Fight OnLine Mobile Application if you do not wish your location to be known. To turn off location services on the iPhone, go to: settings > location services > off.
Content Guidelines for Fight OnLine Community and Mobile Application
- You are able to post messages, photographs, and other content (“Content”) to the Fight OnLine Website and Mobile Application. You may not post any Content that:
- contains language that could be deemed offensive;
- may upset, annoy or embarrass another person;
- is obscene or pornographic;
- is abusive, insulting or threatening;
- is defamatory;
- promotes or encourages bigotry, racism, or sexism;
- encourages illegal activity;
- infringes any third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights);
- relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers) (except with regard to members that are our third party affiliates);
- involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”;
- contains spy ware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programs or other malicious code to interrupt, damage or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment;
- is designed to damage, interfere with, or wrongly intercept any data or personal information from Fight OnLine or otherwise.
Access to Your Information by Other Online Community and Fight OnLine Mobile Application Users
- Registered Fight OnLine members see your name and any other information you post on your Profile. You may limit the information that other users see on the Fight OnLine website by adjusting your privacy settings on the ‘Alumni Directory View Preferences’ page. To limit the information that other users see on the Fight OnLine Mobile Application, change your profile visibility setting to ‘Private.’
- Fight OnLine mobile application users may search for other members by their email, school, graduation year, etc., as well as by their current location.
- You may invite fellow alumni of the University of Southern California to join the Online Community. If you wish to invite someone to join the Online Community, at our discretion, we will send him or her an email or an SMS invitation in your name, encouraging them to join. You are responsible for ensuring that your invited fellow alumni has agreed to receive such an invitation.
- When we send an email or SMS invitation, we store the invitee’s name and email address or their mobile number. Fight OnLine does not sell these email addresses or mobile numbers or use them to send any other communication besides invitations. The invitee may contact us to request the removal of his or her information from our database by visiting the Feedback page. Such a request will only apply to information we have at the time of the request and not to any addresses that the member/user may provide to us later.
Registration with the Online Community (and the Mobile Application)
- In order to register with our Online Community, as well as the Mobile Application, and to further personalize your experience when using our Website and Mobile Application, you are required to complete the registration form available by clicking on the “Register” link at the Website’s homepage or click on “Fight OnLine” at the Mobile Application’s login page.
- During the registration process and in order to activate your USC Lifetime email Forwarding Address, you are required to submit your contact information, including your name, a user identification or User ID and an email address. Email sent to your USC Lifetime email Forwarding Address will be forwarded to the email address you submit to us.
- Your submitted information is used to contact you about services available on or through our Website for which you may have expressed an interest.
- When you, as an alumni of the University of Southern California, register at the Website, you must choose a password when we assign you your USC Lifetime email Forwarding Address in accordance with the protocol set forth in Section 7.1 below in order to access our Online Community. In order to provide you with a more personalized experience when visiting the Online Community, you may be requested, but are not required to, submit certain demographic information, including income level or gender identification, or unique identifiers such as the last four digits of your social security number;
- You can cancel your association with the Online Community at any time by writing us at USC Alumni Association, University of Southern California, Widney Alumni House, 635 Childs Way, Los Angeles, California 90089-0461, Attn: email@example.com. Your notice becomes effective when received by us. Your USC Lifetime email Forwarding Address will be discontinued upon our processing your request.
User ID/Password Updates/Reporting Lost or Stolen Passwords
- Your USC Lifetime e-mail Forwarding Address is available to alumni registrants of the Online Community and requires the following protocol: Firstname.Lastname@alumni.usc.edu. Your password must be a minimum of six characters consisting of an easy to remember combination of letters and/or numbers. Remember not to share your password with anyone. Any changes or updates to your USC Lifetime email Forwarding Address or your password can be made through the “Permanent E-mail” tab at the left hand side bar in the Online Community area of our Website. Any changes to your User ID must be in writing by completing the online User ID Change Request form available in the Help Section of our Website.
- If you forget your password, or if it is stolen or used without your permission, immediately notify us by telephone at 213-742-3400 or by sending us a letter at the address set forth on the Legal Notices Page. Upon receipt of your notification, we will cancel your password and update your records. You may be unable to access certain services while we process your request and/or password change.
Lifetime E-mail Forwarding
- The User ID that is selected for your use with our Online Community is necessary to establish your USC Lifetime email Forwarding address. You may use or register only one email address with your USC Lifetime email Forwarding Address to receive forwarded messages. In order to update the email address to which your email is being forwarded, you will need to log into the Online Community available through the homepage of the Website and click on “Permanent E-mail” at the left hand side bar, enter your current User ID and password and follow the instructions displayed.
- When visiting the Website, we place Internet “cookies” on your computer’s hard drive for session information, including information needed to operate certain features available on the Website. Once your browser is closed, the session cookie is not saved.
- Although you can set your browser to reject “cookies” and still use the Website, you may have a more limited experience when visiting the Website, since the cookies placed on your hard drive enable us to track and target your interests in the features or services which may be available on the Website.
- Generally, cookies placed on your computer’s hard drive contain a string of numbers and letters to help us identify the user to the Website and do not contain personally identifiable information you have submitted to us.
- We use Internet Protocol or “IP” addresses to analyze trends impacting the use of the Website, administer the Website, track your movement when visiting the Website. Your IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information you may have submitted to us.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
- We do not share any of your personally identifiable information you submit to us with any unaffiliated third parties.
- When ordering products or services available on or through the Website, you may access certain third party websites which are framed within our Website and, accordingly, you may be requested to provide your name, shipping address and valid credit card number to a third party shipper or credit card processor in order to process your order. Prior to submitting this information, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party websites. However, in allowing these third party websites to be framed within the Website, we require the operators of such websites to limit any use of such information to the purpose for which it was submitted.
- Additionally, we have established relationships with a variety of third party vendors to provide specific services or products you request. Upon your submission of the requested information when purchasing any of these services or products, we will require your name or other necessary contact information be disclosed to the vendor in order to provide you with the requested service or product.
- These third party vendors are not allowed to use your personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services. In addition, these parties are not permitted to use aggregated demographic information.
Links and Frames
- This websiteThe Website and Mobile Application contains links to, or frames, other websites. These links and frames are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the contents of such third party websites. We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of materials on such websites. If you decide to access linked or framed third party websites, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to be aware of this upon leaving our Website and to read the privacy policies or statements of each website that may collect any information from you.
Surveys & Contests
- From time-to-time, our Website or Mobile Application may request you submit personally identifiable information by way of surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you are under no obligation to disclose any information which may be requested. Information which may be requested includes your name, shipping address, age level and other identifying information. The information you submit will be used to notify you in the event you have won any prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Website or Mobile Application.
- When you submit information to us through the Website (or the Mobile Application), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us via a secure sockets layer (“SSL”) connection.
- In addition to using 128-bit SSL encryption technology to protect the transmission of this information, access to such information is limited to employees on a need-to-know basis required to perform customer service and other necessary operations.
- If you have any questions or concerns about security for our Website (or Mobile Application), you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon registering with our Online Community, you will receive a(n) confirmatory email (confirmation) verifying your User ID and password. Unless otherwise directed by you and in accordance with the [opt-out] procedures set forth below, registrants of the Online Community will occasionally receive information on products, services and special deals, which may be available through the Website or Mobile Application in addition to our newsletter. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, visit alumni.usc.edu and login to Fight OnLine and visit the ‘Email Preferences’ page to deselect email categories.
Updates to the Website and Services Available
- As an alumni who registers with our Online Community, you will also receive announcements relating to updates to our Website or Mobile Application in addition to the services available from time to time.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
- If any of the information you have submitted to us through the Website or Mobile Application requires updating or correcting, or if you no longer want to be contacted by us, please follow the instructions available at the “Member Services Page” and clicking on the appropriate service you require, or should you require our assistance, simply click on the “Contact Us” link to submit your request to us directly.
- In the event you do not wish to receive any special offers or other communications from us or our affiliated third parties, simply reply to the communication by typing “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. In addition, registrants of the Online Community are able to prevent third parties from viewing their name, year of graduation and other information displayed in the online directory available at the Website by writing to us at the address set forth on the Legal Notices Page, or by following the instructions at the “Member Services Page” of the Website. You will still be able to access the features of the Online Community.
- Registrants of the Online Community who no longer wish to receive our occasional e-mail blasts can simply view and follow the instructions at the bottom of the particular e-mail received.
- Visitors to the Website will always be notified if their information is being collected by affiliated third parties so that our visitors can choose whether or not to proceed with requesting the services from such third parties.
Notification of Changes
- Any changes or updates to these Guidelines or any other policy or practice will be effective immediately upon posting such changes or updates to the Website or Mobile Application. However, any use of information you submit will be in accordance with the terms of the Guidelines in effect at the time such information was submitted.
No Liability for Acts of Third Parties
- Although we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of the information you submit, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. We, the Association, will have no liability for disclosure of the information you submit to us due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Interactions with Other Members
- You are solely responsible with your interactions with Fight OnLine members. You understand that the “Association” does not conduct criminal background checks on its members. The “Association” also does not inquire into the background of its members or attempt to verify the statements of its members. The “Association” makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of members or their compatibility with any current or future members. The “Association” reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check or other screenings (suck as sex offender register searches), at any time and using available public records.
Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall the “Association” be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the website, the mobile application and any related service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications, events or meetings with other registered users of this service or persons you meet through this service. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members of the service, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person. You understand that the “Association” makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through this service. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information) to other members.